Sign in with
Your question

What do I need to upgrade?

Last response: in Components
February 10, 2013 10:49:12 PM

4 things I would like to upgrade:

-AMD FX 8320 Cooling Fan for overclocking and quietness (maybe water cooling?)

-My HDD. it's 596gb now, which isn't enough. I would like more (like a 1tb or more) and then use my old for Recording.

-My Graphics card. I am a moderate to high gamer. Would like to play on ultra/High. I have a 6770HD 1GB, but what do I need to play BF3 or Planetside 2 on ultra/high without any lag?(60fps)

-Case. I have a Rosewill MidATX Challenger. But if I want to add more stuff into my build, I need a better management of my cables which the case doesn't provide.

So, WHAT should I upgrade? I can spend $70-100 off the bat, but more stuff can be bought later. The cheaper the better guys, leave suggestions on what I should buy!

More about : upgrade

February 10, 2013 11:21:38 PM

I usually recommend upgrades be bought all at once. By waiting newer stuff will come out and either let you get what you want at a cheaper price or you get something newer/better at the current price.

That being said the 212+/evo has stayed fairly constant in price so I would upgrade that first. Check to make sure it will fit in your case.
Related resources
February 10, 2013 11:31:44 PM

kiezz said:
The cpu cooler http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phanteks-cpu-performance... you can overclock like mad then,
When you save up a good budget gpu is the hd7850 or hd7870 or if you have the cash a hd7970,
Seagate and hitachi are good brands for hdd's

Sorry, I don't live in the UK, so I couldn't really order from that site. Is there a similar fan on newegg? I tried looking for that one there but no luck.
February 10, 2013 11:58:52 PM

on newegg you can get the cooler master hyper 212+ or 212+ evo for around $30

if you want something similar to a Phanteks cooler try the noctua line up on newegg

!