mikeorswim

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
So I have an old PowerColor 5750, from a build I did before I left Germany and had issues with the mobo, this was right around when I was leaving and it all got boxed up and forgotten about since I have my laptop anyway. I am currently working on a new build, and I am running into some financial constraints. So, I am looking at using this to save some money on my new pc. My question is this: Is there any way I can have this checked to make sure that the ~2 year storage has not had any negative impact on the card? Also, is there anybody who has experience with running this card on any relatively current games? I am looking for FPS measurements at high/ultra settings on games such as MW2, or even WoW:Cata.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

Mike

P.S. TigerDirect link for the specific board in question: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7168070

Solution
Keeping the card in storage shouldn't have done much harm to it. The worst I can imagine is collecting dust or moisture. I had an HD 6750 which is pretty much equivalent to an HD 5750. I ran MW3 with everything maxed at a constant 60FPS. All my games ran great, although more demanding games such as BF3, Crysis 2, and Metro 2033 required lower settings to play.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Keeping the card in storage shouldn't have done much harm to it. The worst I can imagine is collecting dust or moisture. I had an HD 6750 which is pretty much equivalent to an HD 5750. I ran MW3 with everything maxed at a constant 60FPS. All my games ran great, although more demanding games such as BF3, Crysis 2, and Metro 2033 required lower settings to play.

Solution

mikeorswim

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know for effectiveness of the card.

mikeorswim

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I guess I could have been more clear, I do not have a working desktop, thus, running benchmark software is moot. My question was more concerning if there were any resources out there, for example, there was a repair shop near me in Germany that I could take components to and they would check them out for me. Just seeing if there is an equivalent here in the States.