Upgrading ATI Radeon 5450 HD $150-$225 budget

Ehkz

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next month (school starting soon)

BUDGET RANGE: USD $150-225

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, currently playing Arma II: OA on all low settings, would like to change that. Looking to play Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on max settings.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: 512MB ATI Radeon HD5450 and I believe a 300W PSU

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: I have an HP Pavilion p6650z, 4GB DDR3 (Probably going to buy a 4GB stick as well)

PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1366x768

COMMENTS: I'm not worried about cooling, but I'm interested in getting a Geforce GTX 560 TI 2GB but I don't know much about how to find out if I can use it or not. I'm 90% sure it will fit in my case.
Any advice on getting this one or am I out of my league?

A GTX 560Ti is not recommend since a 300w PSU is too weak for that graphics card. At peak power it consumes 160w of power and I would not recommend anything less than a 450w good quality PSU for that graphics card (like Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling).

I recommend the Radeon HD 7750 which consumes a peak of 43w when playing a game. The resolution of the monitor is low so the Radeon HD 7750 should allow you to play games with high graphic settings, perhaps even ultra, with good performance. It will struggle with Metro 2033 and likely with Battlefield 3 as well with ultra graphics.