Rules recommendations please for Renaisance

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Gents,

I'm looking for some rule recommendations for the Renaisance period
(specifically Polish troop v Ottoman Turks)

To give you an idea of the rulesets I like. I like rules which are
brief and to the point. Reading through pages of modifiers to cover
various armour types etc are not my thing.

Criteria for me are: Easy, fast and have a flavour of the period.

Examples of rulesets I really get on with from other periond are:

Might of Arms: Ancients
Age of Reason: 18th Century
Forlorn Hope: ECW

So something of simliar balance between historic feel and playability
would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about rules recommendations renaisance
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:15:36 +0000 (UTC), mike.sd@btinternt.com (Mike
    Seddon) wrote:

    >Gents,
    >
    >I'm looking for some rule recommendations for the Renaisance period
    >(specifically Polish troop v Ottoman Turks)
    >
    >To give you an idea of the rulesets I like. I like rules which are
    >brief and to the point. Reading through pages of modifiers to cover
    >various armour types etc are not my thing.
    >
    >Criteria for me are: Easy, fast and have a flavour of the period.
    >
    >Examples of rulesets I really get on with from other periond are:
    >
    >Might of Arms: Ancients
    >Age of Reason: 18th Century
    >Forlorn Hope: ECW
    >

    >So something of simliar balance between historic feel and playability
    >would be very welcome.

    I can't answer you question, but I can give one piece of advice: this
    isn't the wrong group to post it or anything, but you'd get a lot more
    answers in rec.games.miniatures.historical

    Scott Orr

Games Video Games