Help Diagnosing Hardware Issue

atsumori

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Hi, I just finished building my first homebuilt and I'm running into hardware problems and so fare I haven't been able to find help anywhere.

I've been able to boot up, install Windows 7 Ultimate and use the system, however after a day or so the system becomes unstable. First, the computer begins to stall whenever I access a hard drive. When I try to reboot I get hangs during POST.

If it boots (and sometimes it doesn't ever) windows won't be able to see the bluetooth adapter on my motherboard. Sometimes I won't be able to access my SATA devices aside from the boot disk as well.

I've previously looked for help on Reddit/buildapc (did not receive a response) but it does have a lot more info about my build, symptoms, and things I've tried to fix/diagnose the problem.

As I said, this is my first build so I'm not sure what I can do. Any help would mean a ton to me.

Reddit post:
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/10fvpg/troubleshooting_hanging_bios_undetected_hardware/

mmx6

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Check to make sure your motherboards bios version is up to date. Easy to find out from the manufactures site. Other than that try reinstalling windows.