Audigy & Z-680 Problem

oskool

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2001
I've just got some new Logitech Z-680 450 watts speakers, but can't get them working properly.
The problem is with my Audigy card, there no sound coming from the rear channels?

Anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Well Gutted!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by OsKool on 11/22/02 07:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

misterg1

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Try turning on 3MSS 3D in your EAX settings. They work much better than with the old cards & software. Worth a shot.

Mr "G"

When all you have is a hammer, everything tends to look like a nail...................

riko

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2002
Have you tried different speakers either the z680's or something else. Have you tried the 680's on another device? You've probably done al the right work but said anything that indicates you've actually been able to point to the card as the fault.

If you have another system or sound card make sure all the speakers work 1st. If you have another set of speakers do they work in the rear channels? or reverse front and rear output jacks so that the front should now play the rear sound. If so then it be the cabling or speakers, right?

If not, I've had enough issues with sb to suggest removing the software completely, reboot and re-install.

Check sources panel I know one of my installations had the source configurations all messed up... best to assume that it set itself up intentionally so that it would not play any sounds and would require the most configuration to get it to work.

I know the good people at creative have been overly helpful and knocked themselves out to make sure you were happy, eh?

Rico

oskool

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2001
I've tried lots of different combinations and re-installs, I'll try what u sugested, when I get time over the weekend.

This is the second Audigy card that I've had problems with, the first one I got replaced, looks like maybe this one will have the same fate :(

Got fedup and ordered a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card.
I need to hear those Z-680 babies THUMP! ;)