Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CrossfireX Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 7, 2012 11:43:15 PM

Hey, guys! I built my computer a few months ago, and everything has been running smoothly. It's meant to be running both a 6550D (Integrated into my CPU) and a Radeon 6670, but I looked today at my AMD VCC setting to see that while CrossfireX is enabled... I'm only using the 6550D :o 

If I go to my Information Center, I can see stats about the 6670--I know it's plugged in and recognized by the computer. But if I go to anywhere else (Desktop Properties, Crossfire, Display Options, etc.) the dropdown bar only contains the 6550D :( 

Halp! How can I successfully enable CrossfireX between the two cards?

More about : crossfirex problems

August 9, 2012 6:41:25 AM

errrrmmm... whatever it is, its not crossfire that is running, crossfire is built/used solely for using graphics CARDS of the SAME series(6800, 6500, 7800, etc) in conjunction.

i.e. crossfire doesnt work between those 2.
Score
August 9, 2012 8:05:38 AM

Not a solution to ur crossfire but what will help is that if u go to ur BIOS and make ur 6670 primary so that it might get detected to start with, and you might get better performance also. This will prevent your pc using the integrated one all the time.
After that you can try and check again see what happens with ur crossfire, not sure about the crossfire compatibility though.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

August 9, 2012 1:13:35 PM

Monarchco said:
errrrmmm... whatever it is, its not crossfire that is running, crossfire is built/used solely for using graphics CARDS of the SAME series(6800, 6500, 7800, etc) in conjunction.

i.e. crossfire doesnt work between those 2.

wrong.
there is different types of Crossfire including APU Crossfire combinations..

Quote:
Get the power of two when you purchase an AMD A-Series Accelerated Processor (APU) based PC with an AMD Radeon™ DirectX® 11 capable discrete graphics card. Only AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics combines two powerful Radeon™ DirectX 11-enabled graphics processors to provide the ultimate gaming performance boost when you need it. Experience gaming at higher resolutions with greater image quality and boost visual performance when you combine a Quad-Core AMD APU for desktops with the AMD Radeon™ HD graphics card.1
August 12, 2012 4:11:27 PM

Best answer selected by MrMaynard.
Score
August 12, 2012 4:42:54 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!