ImTorey

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

tum2366

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
If you’re trying to get to you BIOS first when you turn the computer on you should be hitting the delete key rapidly and it will get you into the BIOS. Never had a problem with that 99 deal but I would remove all but 1 stick of ram and see if you get the same issue. Try another hard drive if you have one.

ImTorey

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I don't see how I can reset the bios when the first thing I see on the screen is the _ <-- look alike cursor and 99 and nothing is responsive, spamming esc or nothing helps.

I've read that 99 is a part of a process a mobo does on first bootup and it's the last step and its getting hung up on that step.

Hes treid removing the battery, clearing cmos, using 1 stick in either slot, unhooking all perhipials, hdd, dvd etc, not using video card, nothing seemed to work so he is going to rma it and has purchased a different board on its way but still am hung up on what is causing this unless it is a defective board in some way.

ImTorey

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I'm assuming that getting stuck on 99 is a similar issue with it being perhaps the bios update for Ivy bridge, seeing that he is going from a super old CPU to this, I don't see how he can update the bios without having a sandybridge laying around? Seems awfly retarded if that is the case.