Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Best 7950 for $350 budget

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 8, 2012 5:38:16 AM

Go with the gigabyte windforce, always a solid choice.
Score
0
Related resources
a c 109 U Graphics card
August 8, 2012 5:53:36 AM

Or hold out until August 16th for the GTX 660ti!
Score
0
August 8, 2012 6:02:37 AM

amuffin said:
Or hold out until August 16th for the GTX 660ti!

I don't expect it to be any faster than the 7950 will it? And it has a 400 dollar price tag from what I've heard.
Score
0
a c 109 U Graphics card
August 8, 2012 6:07:01 AM

gxavier38 said:
I don't expect it to be any faster than the 7950 will it? And it has a 400 dollar price tag from what I've heard.


It's actually faster than the 7950! :ouch: 
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4869/nvidia_geforce_gt...
Overclocked:
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4873/nvidia_geforce_g...
SLI
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-660ti-2way-sli-o...
http://uk.hardware.info/news/29318/triple-sli-msi-gtx-6...

It won't be $400 because the GTX 670 is $400, it will most likely be towards the $300 mark.
Score
0
August 8, 2012 6:12:08 AM

No the 670 has a 400 dollar price, the 660ti be 350, he is right, and yes it will be faster than the 7950 comfortably!
Score
0
August 8, 2012 6:12:25 AM

amuffin said:
It's actually faster than the 7950! :ouch: 
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4869/nvidia_geforce_gt...
Overclocked:
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4873/nvidia_geforce_g...
SLI
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-660ti-2way-sli-o...
http://uk.hardware.info/news/29318/triple-sli-msi-gtx-6...

It won't be $400 because the GTX 670 is $400, it will most likely be towards the $300 mark.

Damn bro, nice link. Why haven't I seen this before? Lol
I'm definitely waiting. Might get a larger SSD or a better mobo with the extra.
Score
0
August 8, 2012 6:27:55 AM

amuffin said:
It's actually faster than the 7950! :ouch: 
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4869/nvidia_geforce_gt...
Overclocked:
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4873/nvidia_geforce_g...
SLI
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-660ti-2way-sli-o...
http://uk.hardware.info/news/29318/triple-sli-msi-gtx-6...

It won't be $400 because the GTX 670 is $400, it will most likely be towards the $300 mark.



Biased reviews. Those games are outdated and are known to favor Nvidia cards. Not a coincidence that quite a few of those games are as I've said outdated and use Phys-x which is an Nvidia favored game...

Wait until it comes out to make your decision but as of right now I'm not buying the hype on the 660ti, sure it will be competitive but I really do not EVER seeing it close to a 7970 as those reviews said let alone the 7950 by a good margin.
Score
0
August 8, 2012 6:31:08 AM

gman94 said:
Biased reviews. Those games are outdated and are known to favor Nvidia cards. Not a coincidence that quite a few of those games are as I've said outdated and use Phys-x which is an Nvidia favored game...

Wait until it comes out to make your decision but as of right now I'm not buying the hype on the 660ti, sure it will be competitive but I really do not EVER seeing it close to a 7970 as those reviews said let alone the 7950 by a good margin.

I'll take that into consideration. Yeah I'll wait and see. I'm mainly focused on BF3, actually. They didn't have benches for that.
Score
0
a c 109 U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 3:54:17 AM

gman94 said:
Biased reviews. Those games are outdated and are known to favor Nvidia cards. Not a coincidence that quite a few of those games are as I've said outdated and use Phys-x which is an Nvidia favored game...

Wait until it comes out to make your decision but as of right now I'm not buying the hype on the 660ti, sure it will be competitive but I really do not EVER seeing it close to a 7970 as those reviews said let alone the 7950 by a good margin.

3D mark isn't favored towards Nvidia :whistle: 
Score
0
August 9, 2012 4:25:31 AM

amuffin said:
3D mark isn't favored towards Nvidia :whistle: 


Tweaktown has a history of completely false benchmarks and totally biased reviews. Don't believe anything you read on that site, and wait until more credible sites post more reliable info on the gtx 660ti.
Score
0
a c 109 U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 4:50:59 AM

gman94 said:
Tweaktown has a history of completely false benchmarks and totally biased reviews. Don't believe anything you read on that site, and wait until more credible sites post more reliable info on the gtx 660ti.

Who said I was looking at Tweaktown for the 3dmark vantage scores ;) 
Score
0
August 9, 2012 9:12:22 AM

This seems promising.
Score
0
August 9, 2012 8:57:50 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Right here.. $20 off and another $20 rebate so for $310 you can get the coolest running 7950 and it's a good model too.
And if it matters to you its already factory overclocked another 100mhz to 900mhz.

Is it a coincidence that the sale is to 8/14 and that is when the 660ti releases based on the websites that have them on preorder? Just curious. Maybe a price drop to be released by AMD?
Score
0
August 28, 2012 7:32:05 PM

If you haven't purchased your new GPU yet, I'm going to agree with gorz. I picked up the HIS IceQ for $289 and it screams... I haven't yet seen the temps go over 60ºC under full load yet either, and that's with the card overclocked to 1000Mhz/1350 Mhz w/o any adjustment to voltage. Replaced a pair of 6870's and it blows them out of the water.
Score
0
!