Solved

Video Card Upgrade, I need help.

I have a dell C521
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dimc521/en/SM_EN/specs.htm
400w PSU
3 Gb ddr2 Ram (upgrading to 4 soon)
2.0 Ghz Duel core. (Updating to 3 Ghz soon)

And I wanna upgrade computer a bit with a new graphics card, I found a few not sure if there compatible or not, I was gonna get a different one but I wanted better quality. I wanna be able to play Crysis 2 at the least about 40fps. The whole low profile thing really messes up getting a good graphics card, but I guess I can always cut the metal in the back of the case to fit my needs.. *cough*

The most I can spend is 180 USD.
Im really bad at figuring this stuff out hopefully one you can do me this favor :).
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about video card upgrade help
  1. your system is too old to handle any mid-high end gpu.

a hd7750 or a hd7770 is where I'd look at. There will be bottlenecks still but you should be able to play crysis 2 at low-mid settings and still get 40fps.
  2. what OS are you using?

if you use XP 32-Bit the memory upgrade won't do any good since the max RAM recognized is 3.25GB

not sure if the mobo will support the 3GHz CPU. which model CPU are you planning on using?
  3. Emerald said:
    what OS are you using?

if you use XP 32-Bit the memory upgrade won't do any good since the max RAM recognized is 3.25GB

not sure if the mobo will support the 3GHz CPU. which model CPU are you planning on using?

I am Running Windows 7 Ultimate x86
  4. any 32-bit OS has the 3.25GB RAM limitation
  5. I'll upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Then, Not a big problem just need to know the best possible video card this computer can handle.
  6. Best answer
    Get yourself a 7750 low profile card. it doesnt require any external power connectors and should work straight off the mobo. you will have to search for it though but its the best card youl get that s low profile
  7. Best answer selected by Dude3889.
  8. Okay I found this one for a good price,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161418

But are you sure it will work sense its PCI 3.0 and the mother board supports 1.0a.
    My Bios is updated to the latest version (1.1.11) though.
  9. sorry for double posting I want to be sure the link I posted above will work 100% with my build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product