Sign in with
Your question

Case with dust filters, perhaps BitFenix Ghost

February 11, 2013 9:43:27 AM

Hi!

I'm seriously thinking about replacing my PC case, because it sucks up dust like a vacuum cleaner.

I think it would be easiest to just list my needs/wants:

• Support for ATX motherboards
  • Price at ~$100 (or in my case in Germany, ~€100)
  • Dust filters on all intakes
  • Preferably dust filters on any open area (i.e. passive exhaust vents and exhaust fans)
  • Dust filters need to be easily removable (no screws or fans in the way)
  • As silent as possible (I'd rather have a lot of fans at low RPM than a couple at high RPM)
  • No meshes on the side panels, because of dust and escaping sound
  • Anti-vibration features, especially for the harddrives.

So far after doing days of research, my main contender is the BitFenix Ghost, it has 2 easily removable dust filter panels (front and top), and one magnetic dust filter at the bottom. My gribes with it, though, are that I'm unsure how much noise the top panel lets out, and that there are only 4 x 3.5" HDD trays (and I'm not sure where and how to get additional ones).

A popular choice amongst many are the Fractal Design Define R2, R3 and R4 cases. My issue with those are that the lengthy bottom dust filter slides out backwards, and I can't move my PC forward because of spacing and attached cables. Another issue is that it seems like the front dust filter panel has the fans attached to it, so they need to be removed every time, as well as that the panel is attached with screws.

I know my post has been lengthy, but I hope you guys can help me!

Thanks!

!