professornibbles

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Ive played dozens of games and seen my fair share of graphic problems and glitches that eventually get resolved. but i have finally found one where i honestly have no idea how to fix or why its happening.

My problem is that 2 years ago i played a game called Sword 2 (Sword of The New World) by GamersFirst, the game worked perfectly and i only stopped playing because i got bored... yea... lol irony ey? and now ive come back to the game with fond memories of a class... and problem... i see 1/4 the screen (the rest is black) but its all responsive (i click on the blackened part and my characters move) the buttons on the screen are where they usually are and work right, and i believe in the 1/4 the screen that has color i see the shadows of the full screen.

3 screenshots of my problem
http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii542/professornibbles/?action=view&current=sword2problems.jpg

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Maybe your resolution is setup wrong, the interface can probably adjust itself but you have to do it manually for the rest. Check in the settings if you have such an option. Also maybe the game just didn't install correctly, did you try reinstalling? If it's an older game you can try running it in compatibility mode. Let us know how it goes, I might have a few more suggestions.

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I'm really not sure than, you are using a legit version of the game right? If so maybe you can try contacting their costumer service or something.

professornibbles

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
the game is free mostly and i got the download from their official website... though it patched for an hour, im assuming they didnt update their installer... 3 hours to download and install... then 1 hour of patches... lazy, but it is gamersfirst so.... what can u expect right? and i sent in a "ticket" explaining my problem... sent it in last week (8/3/12) and no reply... grrr, if i didnt have such great memories of the game id simply give up but i know i might run into this again one day :(

steamroller16

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
If you haven't already done this, try checking "Disable desktop composition" and "Disable visual themes" under the compatibility tab in properties.

Also, if you know of a way to enable the game to run fullscreen, you should try that.

professornibbles

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012

i just tried it and nothing.... no change :(
disable visual themes and disable desktop composition didnt change it.
and fullscreen made it a little worse, it changed back in windowed mode though

thanks anyways, i truly do appreciate you guys trying to help me :)

steamroller16

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
One more idea. Try changing the resolution the game is trying to run at from the config files. It looks like it's located in Sword 2 > Release > user.xml

Please make a backup of this before editing it. I think you want a lower resolution but just try some different numbers and see if the problem changes.