Date Stamp on Photos?

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Do any of the digital cameras put a date on the picture? Or is this a
function of the printer or software?

I'm looking at the Cannon S1 IS or maybe a Kodak 6590 (might have the wrong
model on the Kodak).

Thanks.
Jim
8 answers Last reply
More about date stamp photos
  1. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    My Fuji puts the date in the filename like this:

    2004_0414Image0001.JPG

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    I know the filename will have a date from the operating system.
    I have a film camera that will print the date in the corner of the photo, so
    when the film is developed, the date is part of the picture. Do the digital
    cameras do this?

    "Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
    > My Fuji puts the date in the filename like this:
    >
    > 2004_0414Image0001.JPG
    >
    > --
    > Ed Light
    >
    > Smiley :-/
    > MS Smiley :-\
    >
    > Send spam to the FTC at
    > uce@ftc.gov
    > Thanks, robots.

  3. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    "phoneguy" <phoneguy@hawkeyerecextrajunk.com> wrote in message
    >I know the filename will have a date from the operating system.
    > I have a film camera that will print the date in the corner of the photo,
    > so when the film is developed, the date is part of the picture. Do the
    > digital cameras do this?

    I don't know. I thought the date in the Fuji filename came from the camera,
    but I could be wrong. The file was downloaded using the Fuji software. You
    have to set the date when you put in batteries or it compalins.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:57:32 -0600, in rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    "phoneguy" <phoneguy@hawkeyerecextrajunk.com> wrote:

    >Do any of the digital cameras put a date on the picture? Or is this a
    >function of the printer or software?

    Easily done in software these days as the date is part of the exif info
    stored in the image itself. I use Qimage to print and though I never do
    this, it will.
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
  5. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    Yes most Sony Digitals do.

    "Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:57:32 -0600, in rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    > "phoneguy" <phoneguy@hawkeyerecextrajunk.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Do any of the digital cameras put a date on the picture? Or is this a
    >>function of the printer or software?
    >
    > Easily done in software these days as the date is part of the exif info
    > stored in the image itself. I use Qimage to print and though I never do
    > this, it will.
    > http://EdwardGRuf.com
  6. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    Ed Ruf wrote:

    >>Do any of the digital cameras put a date on the picture? Or is this a
    >>function of the printer or software?
    >
    >Easily done in software these days as the date is part of the exif info
    >stored in the image itself. I use Qimage to print and though I never do
    >this, it will.

    Many digicams will imprint the date. But as Ed mentioned, most software
    to read and edit the photos, as well as some photo printing software,
    will also add the date for you if you wish.

    My Canon A75 can be set to do it in "PostCard" mode, which is 1600x1200
    resolution and Fine compression. That ratio is perfect for 4x6 prints
    and has high enough image quality for that print size. It can imprint
    the date, date/time, or nothing.

    Personally, I don't use it. I write any relevant info on the back of my
    prints. :)
  7. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    phoneguy wrote:
    > Do any of the digital cameras put a date on the picture? Or is this a
    > function of the printer or software?

    Nikon Coolpix 8400 does, if you ask it.

    David
  8. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    Some printers, e.g. H-P Photosmart 7960, have date printing or date/time
    printing, as an option.

    Morton

    Ronald Meier wrote:

    > Yes most Sony Digitals do.
    >
    > "Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:57:32 -0600, in rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    > > "phoneguy" <phoneguy@hawkeyerecextrajunk.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Do any of the digital cameras put a date on the picture? Or is this a
    > >>function of the printer or software?
    > >
    > > Easily done in software these days as the date is part of the exif info
    > > stored in the image itself. I use Qimage to print and though I never do
    > > this, it will.
    > > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
    > > http://EdwardGRuf.com

Point & Shoot Photo Cameras Kodak