Motherboard or graphics card??

Darkangel903

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Alright so I bought this motherboard about a month ago, and ever since I got it my computer tends to lock up with a black screen ( no blue screen) I can tell its locked up because the numpad light won't turn off or on when I press it. But i'm not convinced its my motherboard because if it was the motherboard wouldn't it like always just not work? Some times when I turn the computer on no screen pops up just a black screen the monitor won't say no signal or anything its like the screen is on you can see it just not getting any video if you know what I mean.

All my temps are normal BUT the graphics card it runs at about 50c when just sitting here typing this out. Getting back to the motherboard let me tell you all I have done to try to fix this.

1.) I have tried to do clearn bios or the clear MOS or what ever its called.

2.) I have tried a fresh install of windows.

3.) I have tried the latest bios and drivers.

Now for the graphics card really haven't done anything beside the latest drivers. When I do manage to get in game now and than I get this line that goes from the top of my screen down to the bottom not fast but not slow either just pass's though than its gone. Than maybe later on it will just go from the top to the bottom again.

I have tried to test the ram came up with no problems I have tired it with mem test with no problems. So I know its not the RAM.

Here are my specs

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 28 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
4.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASRock Z75 Pro3 (CPUSocket) 33 °C

Graphics
VG2230wm (1680x1050@59Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (nVidia) 46 °C

Hard Drives
699GB Seagate ST3750528AS (SATA)

Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH20A6S

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Case: Rosewill REDBONE Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

When ingame playing graphics card gets to about 74c or so. CPU and motherboard go to a max of like 50 or so when gaming.

It's not that easy to say, you're really need to SWAP out a different graphics card (or you the onboard/CPU graphics chip if you have one).

If no problems exist then it's your motherboard, RAM or something else.

It definitely sounds like a HARDWARE problem, and I'd lean towards the motherboard but without swapping out a graphics card there's no way to be certain.

Darkangel903

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

The 560Ti is about a year old. The power supply is a dynex 520 watt

Darkangel903

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

About a week again is when I dust off the computer with compressed air...

TRENDING THREADS