System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games, Video recording at 30 FPS or more
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: New build ( Except Keyboard, mouse, monitor, and speakers.)
Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com
Location: Colorado, USA
Parts Preferences: Nvidia, Intel
SLI or Crossfire: No
Additional Comments: Should I get a different brand of 670, are all my parts compat, and is there a better air cooler for the same price as the thermal take or should I just stick with it?
Also, using OCZ Freeze as my thermal paste because i managed to find some.
1. Yes. There are cheaper alternatives to some though, while still retaining quality.
- Get the ASRock z77 Extreme4 instead. Cheaper, more features.
- Great case, though with that price range, you can get a decent full tower already.
- That RAM is horrible running at 1.65v. Get this instead.
- CPU is great.
- PSU is overkill. 1050w is alot unless you're doing SLI/CF, and even then it's still overkill.
- SSD is great too.
- Storage HDD is okay.
- I'm not familiar with Thermaltake coolers, so I'll suggest either the Hyper 212 EVO or Noctua NH-D14.
2. Nice plan.
3. Windows 7 Home Premium, or if you need to utilize "XP mode", get the Pro version.
Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'll start looking into those options right away, and that Asrock extreme4 looks like a nice board, so I will definitely be switching to it instead. Also, ya i had a feeling the Wattage was way to much, but i need a nice range for my build, so what is your recommended wattage if i am going to overclock and not do SLI's?
and @ excella a guy who has built lots of computers tells me that thermaltake is an amazing brand, but i'll look into your options as well.
Thanks for the PSU range, and since I was able to save up enough money on other things in my build, I was able to go for the Caviar Black.
Three more questions then I think my mind will be at ease.
1. I know the cpu cooler has been addressed, but any more options to look into or is it thermaltake all the way?
2. Does it matter which Optical Drive I get? If so, is the one I chose any good?
3. Should I stick with Msi for my 670 or go with a different brand?
(Edit) after reading reviews of Asrock xtreme 4, would like a second opinion.
Personally, i reckon the CoolerMaster Hyper 212Evo takes some beating, for modest overclocks, at a budget price. The NoctuaNH-D14 is very good, high performance, if a bit of a beast.
Most optical drives are very similar, in performance. Lite-On, or LG, are fine.
The twin fan, overclocked, GPU's, from MSI, are pretty good.
If you want better QUALITY than the ASRock, check out Asus P8z77 range. Just pick one that has the exact features, you want. You do pay a bit, for the name Asus, though, but no denying they are good quality.
Alright, Shameless double post, but I must say, I AM SO GLAD I CHOSE THIS SITE. You guys are so helpful and although everyone that gave me advice was extremely helpful, it seems there does have to be a best answer for the question to be "solved", so mall thank you so much.