No picture after installing GTX 550ti

chrisgartside15

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Basically my problem is this: My old 500w PSU by WinPower, which I know aren't the best, struggled to power my GPU (GTX550ti) and eventually my GPU wouldn't display anything so I replaced it with a 520w Antec HCG-520M which was recommended on another post as an ideal PSU for my GPU. I also added an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 to ensure that everything was keeping relatively cool. Before putting the GPU back in I booted up using the onboard GPU to make sure everything was running, which it was, however when I fitted my GTX550ti, there is nothing showing on screen although all the fans are running and the keyboard and mouse are lighting up which I'm guessing means the system is booting up? The only way I can get a display is to remove the GPU and plug in a VGA cable to the onboard GPU. I'm sure the PSU is enough to power the GPU and I'm also sure that the GPU isn't faulty in any way as it was running okay last week. If theres something I've not covered ask me and I'll try my best to answer however I'm no expert. Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: Asus P5G41C-M LX
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz
GPU: Zotac GTX550 ti
RAM: 4GB DDR3
PSU:

rockstar_7

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
You should test another graphics card on your Mobo or vice versa.
I was gonna say, try another pcie slot, but you dont have one so...

You could reseat your 550Ti, but you've already done that b4.

So, once you diagnose the problem, i.e. figure out whther its the Pci slot on the MOBO or the Gfx card itself, you should send it out for RMA.

chrisgartside15

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Thanks for the reply...I had this problem with my old graphics card along with my old PSU, so I sold that GPU and got the one I have currently second hand off a friend and it was working fine for a few months which leads me to think that neither the PCI or GPU are at fault as it has happened before.

Is there anything else you can think of that I could do? Would you advise taking my system to a shop and getting it looked at?

Latest posts