(SOLVED) Help with new Zbox and OS install

TomsHardwareFan

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Please help. I just bought a Zotac Zbox AD04 M1 Plus which has an AMD e-4500 dual core processor/6 Gig HD/2 Gig Ram and then a cheap LG portable USB external drive to install software. It's purpose is solely to function as a media center. I have an original Win XP Pro CD that came with on old laptop in 2007 that I intend to install (with product key). I "thought" I connected everything before I turned it on but had forgotten to connect a keyboard. Everything went seamless, files got copied, etc up until it came to where I needed to hit enter/R/F3 to continue. At that point I remembered the keyboard wasn't connected and I don't know if this was the cause of my problem but connecting it at that point didn't seem to work. I even tried different keyboards just to be sure it wasn't a fluke. Still no response. This is my first experience with a new computer w/o an OS. Well, as it turned out I had no choice but to cancel the install i.e., turn it off. I have no idea what to do now. When I turn it on it goes to the Zbox screen and then immediately black screen with blinking cursor. I tried turning it on with and without the CD in the drive but being new at this, I don't know what kind of trouble or damage I've done and need help to fix it.

Can someone please help? I've googled myself into a migraine and still can't figure out how to get out of this. I keep seeing advice on getting into the BIOS but I can't even do that. Just really need some direction and get this up and running...hopefully.

Thanks for your help.

TomsHardwareFan

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
What would life be without google? After 24 hours of grueling and constant searching each time a new issue came up (mostly with windows-what a surprise), I finally got it up and running with XP along with SP3 and the 114 security updates. What an amazing little box it turned out to be.