Your question

Lethal confusion

Tags:
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
February 11, 2013 4:05:59 PM

Hey guys,
I'm planning on building a new PC with an 800$ to 900$ budget, and i need help choosing its components especially GPU, MOBO.
i have already setup my mind with the core i5-3570k proccessor.
I play all sorts of games ( BF3, COD series, far cry 3, C&Cs, Sniper Elite V2, GTA series, L.A Noir, MAFIA II )and every game i can put my hands on, and play them on maximum settings...

any good suggestions I'd be really gratefull cuz im confused on alot of options :pt1cable:  ...

More about : lethal confusion

February 11, 2013 9:27:03 PM

Select your motherboard based upon your choice of CPU > select your RAM based upon your choice of motherboard + CPU.

For a gaming computer, you want to maximize the percentage of your budget that you spend on the GPU. HDD should be at least 7200 RPM if mechanical.

Lastly, once you are certain of your configuration, calculate the amount of power needed during peak draw and select a power supply based upon that.

EDIT: Just realized that your asking for specific hardware reccomendations :??:  I may get back to you on that. It depends on how many other members recommend configurations.
m
l
February 11, 2013 10:55:22 PM

That processor takes a good bite of your budget. Do you already have a copy of Windows? Don't forget that Windows isn't cheap. I don't really like suggesting a MOBO without knowing if you plan on expanding the system more later, if you're planning on overclocking, and what other components you're going to add (sound card, wifi card, etc).

Once you have all that info you can really pin down a MOBO for your needs. Then from there choosing RAM is easy.

As far as a GPU goes I'm running a GTX 460 and it runs most games at max settings, but a few new games start to slow down a bit. The GTX 560 Ti is better and probably what I would suggest for your budget range. I know you said you like to max out all of your settings, but with your budget and that CPU you're not going to be able to afford a 680 or 7970.

Also, if possible you can recycle your PSU in order to save money for other components.
m
l
February 12, 2013 12:06:44 AM

mindblowing said:
Hey guys,
I'm planning on building a new PC with an 800$ to 900$ budget, and i need help choosing its components especially GPU, MOBO.
i have already setup my mind with the core i5-3570k proccessor.
I play all sorts of games ( BF3, COD series, far cry 3, C&Cs, Sniper Elite V2, GTA series, L.A Noir, MAFIA II )and every game i can put my hands on, and play them on maximum settings...

any good suggestions I'd be really gratefull cuz im confused on alot of options :pt1cable:  ...

You didn't say if it included a monitor. This one does not. Also this includes the OS.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.66 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($214.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $872.53 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-11 21:03 EST-0500)
m
l
!