Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

FIRST PC BUILD

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
September 28, 2012 10:56:48 PM

I am going to save up money and start building my first pc!!! I have picked out some parts i want to know if they are compatible and if you want to recommend anything else thats cool! I wont be doing hardcore gaming only mine craft and looking at videos. Thanks for your help and i am only looking to spend about $550 at the most.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... cd/dvd rom
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... modular power suply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... 8gb of ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... i3 2120 3.3ghz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... harddrive 500gb
thanks for your help and feel free to recommend anything else or somthing i dont need i will be using windows 64 bit home edition also. :) 

More about : build

September 28, 2012 11:42:26 PM

If you are not using a seperate graphics card, or not til later, I suggest you use i3-3225 processor, which has much better built-in graphics, and match that with a H77 chipset motherboard. You don't need anything like 600w power supply. If you are not planning to add graphics card, or only modest one 400w is plenty. 500w would allow you to add a fairly powerful graphics card, in the future. Unfortunately, Newegg don't do the widest selection of power supplies. The ideal, modular PSU's, at those ratings, would be by PC Power and Cooling, their Silencer Mklll range. I'm not familiar with that case. From user reviews, it doesn't sound too bad.
m
0
l
September 29, 2012 12:50:32 AM

malbluff said:
If you are not using a seperate graphics card, or not til later, I suggest you use i3-3225 processor, which has much better built-in graphics, and match that with a H77 chipset motherboard. You don't need anything like 600w power supply. If you are not planning to add graphics card, or only modest one 400w is plenty. 500w would allow you to add a fairly powerful graphics card, in the future. Unfortunately, Newegg don't do the widest selection of power supplies. The ideal, modular PSU's, at those ratings, would be by PC Power and Cooling, their Silencer Mklll range. I'm not familiar with that case. From user reviews, it doesn't sound too bad.

i switched out the cpu for the i3-3225 and those power and cooling psu are nice. Im going to order one from tiger direct i think. Any other suggestions? anyone?
m
0
l
Related resources
September 29, 2012 6:45:02 AM

computertechie1337 said:
i switched out the cpu for the i3-3225 and those power and cooling psu are nice. Im going to order one from tiger direct i think. Any other suggestions? anyone?


The only thing I can think of would be that if you're not going to overclock you could use H77 instead of Z77. And you might want to consider a low cost GPU like the Radeon 7750 but that's about it.
m
0
l
September 29, 2012 7:42:32 AM

Yes, there's very little point in getting Z77 mobo, with i3. H77 is ideal, unless you envisage adding TWO nVidia graphics cards. That's the only capability you lose, that you could use, but probably very unlikely.
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 12:46:14 AM

malbluff said:
Yes, there's very little point in getting Z77 mobo, with i3. H77 is ideal, unless you envisage adding TWO nVidia graphics cards. That's the only capability you lose, that you could use, but probably very unlikely.

do you say i switch the mobo out for the H77?
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 7:55:15 AM

Yes. If you want to save money, you could use ASRock H77M. If you wanted to get better board, at similar price, Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H. There's nothing to stop you sticking with Z77, you just won't be able to use its overclocking features, and I don't think that particular board is MSI's best.
m
0
l