Sign in with
Your question

Why is my computer taking ages to open stuff when its a fast pc

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
February 11, 2013 7:23:57 PM

Hello,
i just reformatted my pc , i did all my windows updates and for some reason my computer seem to be running slower then it was before even in internet browser and trying to open files takes ages , am i missing a driver of some sort ?
Anonymous
February 11, 2013 7:27:38 PM

could it be i haven't updated my graphics card yet ?
February 11, 2013 7:33:23 PM

Sounds like it could be your hard drive starting to fail. I would backup right away and check it with a smart disk checker like speedfan or another hard drive utility.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 11, 2013 7:44:23 PM

=[ i hope not i have only had it for a year , its never had a virus either
February 11, 2013 8:11:27 PM

Hard drives still fail usually within 6 months to a year of time if they are going to fail and if not they can sometimes last up to 15 years it all depends on if your lucky or not.
Its sounding more and more like the hard drive though.
February 11, 2013 9:43:49 PM

I would check in the windows device manager and make sure there aren't any ! which would indicate a forgotten driver install. I would go through the MB installs again and make sure you didn't skip one.

What was the reason for the format in the first place?
Anonymous
February 12, 2013 7:44:31 PM

jnkweaver said:
I would check in the windows device manager and make sure there aren't any ! which would indicate a forgotten driver install. I would go through the MB installs again and make sure you didn't skip one.

What was the reason for the format in the first place?

i will do that thanks hopefully it will make things run faster , the reason is i had to many games and pictures and music on the pc and the memory was full so i burned them all to disk and reformatted the pc plus i think i had a malicius virus i think
!