Solved

Ordering Tonight

15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ordering tonight
  1. Quote:
    PSU-LOOK AT REVIEWS, LOOK AT ALL RAIDMAX PARTS, I HAVE NOT SEEN, HAVE NOT, SEEN, 1 PEICE OF HARDWARE FROM AMAZON WITH < 4/5 STAR REVIEWS.


    I've seen Raidmax PSUs blow up and short out on me with my own eyes - if you get one and it does that, don't say I didn't warn you. They are not to be trusted.

    And don't take store reviews seriously either - they are completely baseless most of the time. And the reason you don't see a lot of hardware with less than that is two reasons:

    1. That new out of the box feeling.

    2. People don't really know what they are talking about half the time, or they're afraid to give a negative review.
  2. chaotixblade said:
    HDMI CORD

    GPU hd 7750
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007B5V614/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    CPU g850 1150 cpu socket
    http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Pentium-Dual-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B00520I9VA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348875374&sr=1-1&keywords=g850

    HARD DRIVE 500gb wd 7200 rpm
    http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Caviar-Cache-Desktop/dp/B00461G3MS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348875402&sr=1-1&keywords=500gb+hard+drive

    PSU-LOOK AT REVIEWS, LOOK AT ALL RAIDMAX PARTS, I HAVE NOT SEEN, HAVE NOT, SEEN, 1 PEICE OF HARDWARE FROM AMAZON WITH < 4/5 STAR REVIEWS.
    http://www.amazon.com/Raidmax-ATX12V-Power-Supply-RX-450K/dp/B003HGCSIG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348875490&sr=1-1&keywords=raidmax+450w

    CASE atx
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LIDU5S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&smid=A3K929QT0IENFR

    MOTHERBOARD 1155 GIGABYTE
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PX3UYA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    DVDRW 22x
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B7R9PU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=A1HNC035CZ2MR5

    RAM 4gb
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CP5Q7M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    Keyboard ultra slim keyboard
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DMFDKW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&smid=AW2Z5QIK4VMW2

    OS win 7
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q0PT3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    All i want is a few people to say "hey this is compatible" i dont want "you should switch this cpu and this gpu for this x and this x" i have done weeks of research, just is it compatible Y/N


    http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx Raidmax is a Tier 5 PSU maker and to be avoided at all costs. You probably should add a few more weeks of research before asking for opinions and then rejecting them out of hand.
  3. a number of issues:

    Raidmax is 2nd or 3rd tier quality in PSUs, and that one is a very old design (like 1996 old) -- it won't have the juice in the right places to work


    It has far more amperage on the 3.3v and 5v rails:



    the rest of it is fine for an inexpensive computer.
  4. egilbe said:
    http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx Raidmax is a Tier 5 PSU maker and to be avoided at all costs. You probably should add a few more weeks of research before asking for opinions and then rejecting them out of hand.


    Yeah and I will repeat until I am blue in the face: STORE REVIEWS ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY! And to paraphrase Homer Simpson - Raidmax are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

    In fact here's a review from people who know what they're talking about: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Extreme-2-475-W-Power-Supply-Review/1550/11

    Or: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-cost-psu-pc-power-supply,2862.html

    Jonnyguru.com doesn't even have a single review of a Raidcrap PSU and they're the authority on PSUs. :lol:
  5. Looks like you did great price shopping. Agree that the PSU is not going to cut it.

    This CX430 is as cheap as I would go: (it occasionally goes on sale for less)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=CX%20430

    If you get a good, high efficiency Seasonic, Corsair, Antec you can easily get away with 300w on this build.

    You might be able to find something cheaper from OCZ or Thermaltake thats an OK product. I would err on slightly higher wattage with other brands.
  6. deadlockedworld said:
    Looks like you did great price shopping. Agree that the PSU is not going to cut it.

    This CX430 is as cheap as I would go: (it occasionally goes on sale for less)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=CX%20430

    If you get a good, high efficiency Seasonic, Corsair, Antec you can easily get away with 300w on this build.

    You might be able to find something cheaper from OCZ or Thermaltake thats an OK product. I would err on slightly higher wattage with other brands.


    You could also get the Antec Earthwatts 380 and it'd be a *FAR* superior PSU to any Raidmax garbage you could buy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033

    I actually think the EA-380 would be a better PSU than the CX430 would be.
  7. Im already 5$ over budget... and amazon only guys.

    Any other advice....
  8. chaotixblade said:
    Im already 5$ over budget... and amazon only guys.

    Any other advice....


    Have you tried that keyboard? It's very cheap and reviews say it's good, and it's only 2$!
  9. Its actually 12.95$ or 2$ + 25$ shipping I selected the 12.95... Look at other sellers

    EXAMINE THE NEW BUILD! +rep
  10. Best answer
    Everything is compatible and at least you picked a PSU in the next tier up :lol: Case is kinda tiny, but you have to sacrifice somewhere. What are you using this pc for?
  11. Godbless you eglibe, you may very well get the best answer

    The build is for light gaming, Cod 4 and cod5 max settings, minecrafting and BF2 the original from 2005.

    Anywho FINAL BUILD is edited

    DOES IT LOOK COMPATIBLE?

    thanks so much everyone
  12. egilbe said:
    Everything is compatible and at least you picked a PSU in the next tier up :lol: Case is kinda tiny, but you have to sacrifice somewhere. What are you using this pc for?


    The PSU is certainly better than Raidmax junk. That's a bit better build than the last time but for that kind of budget you have to sacrifice somewhere. And why Amazon? I don't get it.

    Quote:
    The build is for light gaming, Cod 4 and cod5 max settings, minecrafting and BF2 the original from 2005.


    That build is compatible but don't expect a 7750 to get max settings - you'll probably get medium high - high at the most.
  13. unit, you are misunderstood, believe me the 7750 with g850 easily run cod5 max. And cod4, my friend can max cod5 with an amd athlon ii x3 and hd 6670

    both are leagues behind a 7750 g850 setup. Once again sadly you are mistaken. thanks elgibe. Im ordering peace.
  14. Best answer selected by Chaotixblade.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build GPUs CPUs Compatibility Systems Product