Customizing "Views" in Windows Explorer in Windows XP

Hi,

We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.

There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
"Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
their folders to thumbnail.

Is there any way in which this can be accomplished without users having
admin rights on their system.

Warm Regards,

Girish

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:04:02 -0700 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize, Girish P favored us with...
> Hi,
>
> We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
> XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.
>
> There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
> "Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
> their folders to thumbnail.

Sure -- any user can click on the View menu or the View toolbar icon
to change the current view.

As to the default view, you can probably set that up at installation
but is it worth while? The people who care will set it the way they
want anyway (Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Apply to all
folders).

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your reply. There is a requirement from the user's end to have
the default view as details. Also i can set the details view by the method
suggested by you below. But the problem about this method is that if the user
want's to change on the folders to graphic thumbnails, the changes don't
stick. i.e. once the user closes the windows explorer and opens again. The
graphic thumbnail's don't appear and the view changes to details again.

Warm Regards,

Girish