Sign in with
Your question

Centurion 590 right side fan spot

Last response: in Components
February 11, 2013 8:58:40 PM

Long time lurker/first time poster so here goes:

I have a centurion 590 (obv), I've been trying to extend the life of my system lately by adding more cooling on the cheap. I have long since wondered about a fan for the right side of the case which happens to be directly on the backside of where my CPU is. After some searching I've discovered that the spot only fits a 80x80x10mm fan. Rare fan I know.

So the question is, if I procure one of these fans for a couple bucks, what should I look for in terms of low noise and also should it be configured as exhaust or intake?

Thanks and I hope I didn't ask something stupid.

February 11, 2013 9:10:50 PM

I wouldnt expect an 80mm fan to quiet in the least. The faster it spins or air it flows the noisier it will be.

Intake for side fans.
m
l
February 11, 2013 9:18:14 PM

popatim said:
I wouldnt expect an 80mm fan to quiet in the least. The faster it spins or air it flows the noisier it will be.

Intake for side fans.

Thanks, the only issue I can see in using it as an intake fan would be that there's only room for a 10mm depth between the side panel and the MB mounting board, so it would be sandwiched between the back of the MB and the side panel effectively. I'm just curious if it would still be intake and if so, where does the air go?
m
l
!