  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
September 7, 2005 7:21:12 PM

Somebody stole my ability to right-click SendTo => Compressed. :-(
How do I get it back?

How do I make it default to WinZip (not to XP's internal application).

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

More about : theft send compressed

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:03:30 PM

You either get Send To | Compressed or you can have WinZip, you can't have
both.

There should be a Send To | WINZIP32.EXE

To get XP's built in stuff back.

Select Run from the Start Menu:

Type or Paste: regsvr32 cabview.dll and click Ok.
and
Type or Paste: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll and click Ok.

The change will take effect immediately, but you may have to restart Windows
for all features of the built-in ZIP support to be available.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User