Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
I just built my computer.

CPU - i5-3570k
GPU- EVGA GTX 670
RAM - Patriot Black mamba
PSU - AX850
MoBo - z77x-ud3h

My current problem is that I plugged in my old harddrives, individually trying all of them. I am unable to get it to boot up at all. It seems to goto "Starting windows" and just instantly goes to blue screen after a few seconds and automatically restarts. It was not doing this while it was in my old computer. Unfortunately, I am unable to reformat my harddrives as of my DVD was using an IDE cable and apparently, this board does not support it. But even so, I would like some input from other people :(
I plan to pick up a DVD drive sometime tomorrow but if i just reformat my old harddrives, would it be resolved?

Installs of Windows that are made on old hardware wont work on new systems. You will need to get an optical drive, a Windows install disc and do a fresh install.

If you reformat the drives, all data on them will be lost, including the Windows install. So you cant boot off a freshly reformatted drive.

If the data on them is valuable, I suggest getting a new HDD (or SSD) and doing a fresh install on that. That way you can access the other drives before reformatting it.