Last response: in Systems
September 29, 2012 8:58:14 AM

I just built my computer.

CPU - i5-3570k
GPU- EVGA GTX 670
RAM - Patriot Black mamba
PSU - AX850
MoBo - z77x-ud3h

My current problem is that I plugged in my old harddrives, individually trying all of them. I am unable to get it to boot up at all. It seems to goto "Starting windows" and just instantly goes to blue screen after a few seconds and automatically restarts. It was not doing this while it was in my old computer. Unfortunately, I am unable to reformat my harddrives as of my DVD was using an IDE cable and apparently, this board does not support it. But even so, I would like some input from other people :( 
I plan to pick up a DVD drive sometime tomorrow but if i just reformat my old harddrives, would it be resolved?

More about : problem

September 29, 2012 10:59:39 AM

Installs of Windows that are made on old hardware wont work on new systems. You will need to get an optical drive, a Windows install disc and do a fresh install.

If you reformat the drives, all data on them will be lost, including the Windows install. So you cant boot off a freshly reformatted drive.

If the data on them is valuable, I suggest getting a new HDD (or SSD) and doing a fresh install on that. That way you can access the other drives before reformatting it.
m
l
!