Solved

Problem with AMD HD 7850 graphics card.

Hello everyone, today i bought a Gigabyte radeon 7850 graphics card. I put the graphics card into my computer. I added the power connector and then i turned my computer on. I put in the disc i got with the card inside my computer and installed the latest AMD drivers. However, i started to get problems. It's like the grpahics card isnt recognized by any program. Neither by the overclocking tool i got with the gigabye nor windows 7. I went to see what my performance information was on windows' scale and i couldnt update that because there was a problem with a driver. With my last graphic card, the ati hd 5450, this never happened. I am currently running amd's 12.6 drivers. Please help! :(

edit: whenever i reboot my computer i get a message saying that there are no amd drivers installed or they are faulty.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem 7850 graphics card
  1. In that case I suggest reinstalling the drivers :)
  2. I did, i updated to 12.7 beta. I still get the message " No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the amd driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your amd hardware."
  3. I just used "AMD Driver Auto Detect " program to see if it can detect my card. It detected Radeon HD 3xxx Series PCIe.
  4. Did you completely uninstall the old drivers before installing the new one? using driver sweeper in safe mode and everything?
  5. Best answer
    You need to disable the onboard GPU then manually install the latest stable drivers after uninstalling the old drivers and running Driver Sweeper.

EDIT: http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
  6. mouse24 said:
    Did you completely uninstall the old drivers before installing the new one? using driver sweeper in safe mode and everything?

No i did not. I could not find driver sweeper online because apparently they stopped making it?
  7. Oh, i looked at a driver sweeper made by 3d guru. Ok, ill try that out right now!
  8. Wow you guys rock, i disabled that onboard graphics card and then i used driver sweeper to get rid of those drivers. I reinstalled the drivers and now my graphics card works! Thanks !!!!!
  9. Best answer selected by randomfellow.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer AMD Graphics