How show PDFs in separate Acrobat not in IE?

zak

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
within itself.

How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
as a standalone application?

Zak wrote:
> If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
> within itself.
>
> How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
> as a standalone application?

Change the appropriate preference in Adobe Acrobat.
It is (naturally) controlled by the Adobe Acrobat application.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

</center>

--
gitte
http://flexit-design.dk
"Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
> If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
> within itself.
>
> How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
> as a standalone application?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

gitte,
I saw a similar construct to the one you used here in a Microsoft KB, and I
couldn't understand it.

What I refer to is: <a href="./the pdf-fil.pdf" target="_blank">

Usually, I understand that the name in quotes after href= shoudl be a
filename.

What are the characters ./ (dot and slash) before the filename for?
Do they mean "go to this directory and then find the file in this directory"
?
In other words, a file on the current directory?

If so, aren't they redundant?
If not , what do they mean?
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

gitte wrote:
> </center>
>
> --
> gitte
> http://flexit-design.dk
> http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=gitte
> "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>> If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
>> within itself.
>>
>> How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
>> as a standalone application?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Specifically, in Adobe Reader or full version, go to Edit>Preferences, click
"internet" on the left and deselect "show pdf in browser".
--
BMC
Delete delete and remove remove to email