How show PDFs in separate Acrobat not in IE?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
within itself.

How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
as a standalone application?
4 answers Last reply
More about show pdfs separate acrobat
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

    Zak wrote:
    > If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
    > within itself.
    >
    > How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
    > as a standalone application?

    Change the appropriate preference in Adobe Acrobat.
    It is (naturally) controlled by the Adobe Acrobat application.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    </center>

    --
    gitte
    http://flexit-design.dk
    "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
    > If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
    > within itself.
    >
    > How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
    > as a standalone application?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

    gitte,
    I saw a similar construct to the one you used here in a Microsoft KB, and I
    couldn't understand it.

    What I refer to is: <a href="./the pdf-fil.pdf" target="_blank">

    Usually, I understand that the name in quotes after href= shoudl be a
    filename.

    What are the characters ./ (dot and slash) before the filename for?
    Do they mean "go to this directory and then find the file in this directory"
    ?
    In other words, a file on the current directory?

    If so, aren't they redundant?
    If not , what do they mean?
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    gitte wrote:
    > </center>
    >
    > --
    > gitte
    > http://flexit-design.dk
    > http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=gitte
    > "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
    >> If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
    >> within itself.
    >>
    >> How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
    >> as a standalone application?
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Specifically, in Adobe Reader or full version, go to Edit>Preferences, click
    "internet" on the left and deselect "show pdf in browser".
    --
    BMC
    Delete delete and remove remove to email

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Zak wrote:
    > > If I click a libk to a PDF file then Internet Explorer shows it
    > > within itself.
    > >
    > > How can I get IE to show PDF files by launching Adobe Acrobat Reader
    > > as a standalone application?
    >
    > Change the appropriate preference in Adobe Acrobat.
    > It is (naturally) controlled by the Adobe Acrobat application.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Configuration Internet Explorer Acrobat Microsoft PDF Windows XP