Nov 21, 2012
Computer specs:

AMD Phenom 965 Deneb Black Edition Overclocked to 4.0 GHZ
Undervolted to 1.48
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram
EVGA GTX660ti
32GB Sandisk Ready Cache SSD
Very Old 250GB Hitachi Drive (7200 rpm)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB Drive (7200 rpm)
Coolermaster Hyper 212 PLUS
Asus M5A99X EVO Motherboard

Here's my question.

Recently I received a BSOD error message and I don't really know why. I've run Prime95 and stress tested the overclock overnight, and it came back with 0 errors and 0 warnings. I'm fairly certain it's not the overclock. My roommate seems to think the ram might have caused the system to BSOD because Vengeance ram has issues. I didn't think this would be the case, but I'm left with very little knowledge of what could have caused it. This has happened before, and I'm not certain why.

Something that struck me as unusual when I restarted was that the cache drive wasn't caching. I would be surprised if this were the case, but you never know. Also, the system booted up much slower than normal. I'm used to that SSD cache drive making everything run very fast. So this was a shocker to me.

I can locate the BSD dump file, but I don't know how to open it. I can also provide any error messages in the Event Viewer upon request.

I recently reformatted all 3 hard drives because I was installing the SSD and having issues with it working well. Since the reformat, everything has been fine except this has been the second BSOD in two weeks.

Any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Mat

matrodriguez

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Here is what I found

b7ev4y.png