EVGA GTX 670 vs ASUS gtx 680 top which one ?

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Ok so I am trying to figure out which card would be a better performer is it worth it to pay the extra for the asus 680 top over the evga GTX 670 FTW ? gaming on a 24.6in 1080p.

Solution
The 680 non-reference is going to spank the EVGA 670 i wouldn't worry to much about what newegg reviews say as most people that leave those reviews are noobs anyway you should trust what professional respectable review sites say not newegg reviews. ;)
depends on what gpu you are coming from....

imho id get the evga ftw....

almost did myself yesterday but decided to ride my 560tis off into the sunset

If you are a man of powerful grandaddy gpus (like verbalizer) then obviously the 680 is the choice...

but again personally id save the 100 and get the 670

verbalizer

Distinguished
but check this scenario out....

you paying in cash or credit card.?
catching a 680 on sale and then with credit card your basically financing it out.
what's a few more payments if that's the case..

and everyone is screaming about overclock the GTX 670 and it matches the GTX 680...
OK, well that's a reference comparison to the GTX 680.
so when you actually get the GTX 680 and then overclock it......
the gap between the GTX 680 and GTX 670 will be there and widen...

funny how nobody mentions that...

yeah of course the 680 can OC the issue really just depends on if money is an issue to the OP or not...

but if they are stretching it financially to get a 680, I would not recommend making monthly compounded interest payments to get the better gpu... of course ive done much worse in the past so get the darn 680 then

verbalizer

Distinguished

go back and read my last post.
we might have posted at the same time...

The 680 non-reference is going to spank the EVGA 670 i wouldn't worry to much about what newegg reviews say as most people that leave those reviews are noobs anyway you should trust what professional respectable review sites say not newegg reviews. ;)

Solution

+1 newegg reviews mean absolutley nothing except for maybe a product that has been out forever like the cm hyper 212+

but 99% of them you cannot take whole-heartedly, I agree

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
so it seem like most of you are saying get the asus gtx 680 top oc the crap out of it and i will be much further ahead than trying to get a gtx 670 ftw and ocing as high as I can ?

Yeah and i don't know if allot of people do this or not but i have a friend that is such a AMD fan boy he told me i leave bad reviews on newegg and tigerdirect about intel and nvidia cards hes a jerk he thinks it's going to make people jump on the AMD train but i told him not going to work

kevin83

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
You have no side ventilation so you'll be sending hot air up to your cpu in the long run which is of course bad. That case is not meant for good cooling performance. As long as you have good intake in the front (like you said) the gpu temps shouldn't be too bad.

I am not sure i don't know your case well let one of these other gents chime in ;)