Help Built New Gaming PC

maxc mark

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Kindly Built a “No Problem Gaming Pc” for me for which I shall be ever grateful to you.

After gone through with so many reviews in gaming/building forums, I’m totally confused for my best built. Many are facing components reliability and compatibility issues after spending so much time and money. The point is, I don’t want myself to be like those victims. Instead, it will be wise to consult from an expert for 100% satisfaction guarantee. My expert is you. I wouldn’t be acting over smart with what I’m not familiar of, so that “NO PROBLEM” will be the best result an reward.

My primary purpose is for mid-range gaming (but not hardcore gaming).

Here below specifies are the components, of which, Processor and Motherboard are my selection, But the rest are you built. Budgets will be base on the Reliability and Compatibility of components.

1. Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core
Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
2. Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s
3. RAM : ??? (8GB DDR3) (compatible + reliable)
4. PSU: ??? (reliable watt for future coz I’ll be buying a good Graphic Card in future)
5. HDD: ??? (350GB with a reliable speed is enough)
6. CPU Cooler: ??? (Depends on you)
7. Case: ??? (Depends on you)

The reasons I chose the above TWO are :-
(a). Processor;
(i). This ivy bridge is enough for my gaming purpose
(ii) HD Graphics 4000. Because for a time being, I wouldn’t be using any external GPU. A
good game can be play with that integrated HD Graphics 4000.
(b). Motherboard;
(i). for its reliability features and compatibility to 3rd gen i5/i7.

It’s Your Built Now….not mine anymore…..

HOPING TO GET 100% SATISFACTION FROM YOU…
Thanking you in advance............

Solution
Not knowing where you are/ what suppliers are available to you, makes selection difficult, but in GENERAL:

You choices on CPU and mobo are fine.
RAM: You want low profile, to ensure no clash, with any CPU cooler. You want 8GB (2x4GB) 1600 MHz Cas9 DDR3. Crucial Ballistic Sport, or GSKill Ares, are good choices.
PSU: Without knowing what graphics card, you are going to add, it's difficult to be sure on most efficient PSU rating. 550w would be adequate for almost anything. For high quality choices, I would suggest either Seasonic X Series 560w, or, PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mklll 600w.
HDD: It is nice to have something like a 128GB SSD, for operating system and games, and a seperate HDD, for more mundane stuff. However, if you want...

malbluff

Honorable
Not knowing where you are/ what suppliers are available to you, makes selection difficult, but in GENERAL:

You choices on CPU and mobo are fine.
RAM: You want low profile, to ensure no clash, with any CPU cooler. You want 8GB (2x4GB) 1600 MHz Cas9 DDR3. Crucial Ballistic Sport, or GSKill Ares, are good choices.
PSU: Without knowing what graphics card, you are going to add, it's difficult to be sure on most efficient PSU rating. 550w would be adequate for almost anything. For high quality choices, I would suggest either Seasonic X Series 560w, or, PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mklll 600w.
HDD: It is nice to have something like a 128GB SSD, for operating system and games, and a seperate HDD, for more mundane stuff. However, if you want standard hard drive, would suggest something like 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black. You may find that a larger drive (than 500GB) is better value for money.
CPU Cooler: The CoolerMaster Hyper 212Evo is good low cost cooler, suitable for modest overclocking. The Noctua NH-D14 is more powerful, but a large "beast".
Case: A case is a very personal thing, and it may be better for you to pick a couple of Mid-Tower ATX cases, that you like, and we can advise if one is much better than the other. Personally, I like the Corsair Carbide 500R. Very good quality, and performance, at a reasonable price, but it's a question of whether YOU "like" it.

Solution