Is my i7 3770 supposed to run at these temperatures?

greathelp

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I have a small case, MSI (TC-128). Motherboard is Asrock z75 pro 3, PSU is Seasonic M12II 620 BRONZE. GPU is PNY Gtx 660 ti. I just built my own computer and after running BF3 for half an hour I decided to check the CPU and GPU temps. The CPU was in the mid 65 C and the GPU was reaching high 80 C temperatures. This is quite hot and I was wondering if thats alright. I am using the stock fan for the i7 and I used OCCT to stress it and after just 2 mins the CPU was getting to 70 C when I decided to just stop it. Is this normal to reach these temperatures? Forgot to mention, but it CPU idles at around 28 C.

http://i.imgur.com/4RvgjBP.png

those are fine in terms of the rated temps they are supposed to be working. CPU is supposed to be under 70C tho and gpu should be below 90C generally.

They are a bit high for some people. You might want to improve airflow in your case. Maybe add a case fan and sort the cables better.

greathelp

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

Thanks for suck a quick response! I will try to get a aftermarket heatsink and possibly even a new case, but If I were to constantly play BF3 at these temps, would it hurt the computer?