660ti/570 with dedicated physx card?

PablosPandas

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hey guys I had a question about my build that I am going to finish soon. The only thing I need is the graphics card. I pretty much am planning on getting the 660 ti (Unless the release date is pushed back even farther, like two months or something) and was wondering about a gtx 460 as a dedicated physx card. My friend upgraded his computer from a 460 to a 670 and he no longer wants the 460. He asked me if I wanted to buy it off him (For around $50, a deal if you ask me) and I was wondering if it is worth it to use it when i play games that use physx. I mean its only $50 and I don`t have a graphics card right now (The 660 ti is supposed to be released later next week if I am correct).

Solution
The GTX 460 will make a great PhysX card and will pair up nicely with a GTX 660 Ti.

A couple questions you need to answer:
- Can your PSU handle two cards? - I'm estimating 650 watts minimum (luckily the 660 Ti is very energy lite)
- Do you intend to actually play any GPU accelerated PhysX games?
Here's a list for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

If the answer is yes to both questions, go for it! Heck for $50, I'd go for it anyway.
The GTX 460 will make a great PhysX card and will pair up nicely with a GTX 660 Ti.

A couple questions you need to answer:
- Can your PSU handle two cards? - I'm estimating 650 watts minimum (luckily the 660 Ti is very energy lite)
- Do you intend to actually play any GPU accelerated PhysX games?
Here's a list for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

If the answer is yes to both questions, go for it! Heck for $50, I'd go for it anyway.

Solution

PablosPandas

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I have a 650w continuous that is rated to give out a peak load of 750w. I know that since the 460 would be used as physx only it probably wont use too much power. And yes I play a lot of physx games like batman, borderlands 1+2,mafia 2, and maybe planetside 2 once I get a good look at the game.

yeah and the banner waving in the wind and being shot at is pure PhysX epicness!!!

e32f4e1cfa56805b92f4c49ac920c2d7_content_large.jpg