I decided to buy gtx 680 but im not sure of one thing.

batman3009

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I know that the gtx 680 is very big card.The available manufacturers in my country is (msi N680GTX Lightning-11.02x5.07x1.93 inch) and the (asus direct cu II top gtx 680-11.8 x 5.1 x 2.3 Inch).I got asus p8z77 V-pro mobo & NZXT tempest evo case.I want to know which one of them will fit in my case and which one of them is better.

batman3009

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

From the comparison in the link above the direct cu II is faster(Base & boost clock) but i want to know if the asus card will fit in my case & mobo?

From the conclusion to that review:
"There were some surprises throughout testing as well. Lightning’s paper specifications are a bit of a fallacy since they seem to indicate it won’t perform up to the DirectCu II TOP’s level. That wasn’t the case as throughout testing, MSI’s flagship was able to consistently trade blows with the best ASUS had to offer. It even pulled ahead by a miniscule amount once everything was said and done. At first this may seem impossible but through the “magic” of NVIDIA’s GPU Boost, the Lightning’s advanced power distribution and slightly lower temperatures allowed the core to hit its maximum speed more often and for longer periods of time than its competitor. The actual difference may be minor and will be indistinguishable to end users but in our charts at least, MSI now has the fastest GTX 680 we’ve tested. But is it worthy of a $599 price on that merit alone? No."

In terms of your mobo and case, your mobo is designed for quad-SLI so a single triple slot card will fit no problem. For your case, well here's what it says on the NZXT website:
"Maximize Expandability: E-ATX support allows more compatibility with high end components including large graphics cards, high end power supplies. and server boards"
http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/tempest_evo

Take your pick, the Asus DirectCU II, particularly if you can get the TOP version is a great card. Both are probably the two best single GPU video cards you can buy.

Well i have a friend who has that case the hdd cages are kind of in a bad place. He had a 680 and to get the hdd's out he said he have to remove the graphics card. it's not a flaw, but rather annoying if a hdd dies he also told me the card would get hot in that case but when he bought a new one it fixed the issue and temps were very good .Why not buy a better case?

batman3009

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

So u mean that it will not fit in the case?,there are 2 hdd cages in that case,if i removed the upper cage the card will fit or not?

There are a bunch of reviews along the right side of the product page I linked earlier.
http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/nzxt-tempest-evo/5/
nzxt_tempestevo_15.jpg

nzxt_tempestevo_16.jpg

verbalizer

Distinguished
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/30/msi_geforce_gtx_680_lightning_overclocking_redux/6
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning Overclocking Redux

Gameplay Summary

The highest stable overclock with voltage on the MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning using the default BIOS had a significant performance increase compared the overclock without voltage tweaking. In Max Payne 3 it was 8.9% faster than the overclocked MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning without voltage tweaking and 14.1% faster than the stock video card. BF3 Singleplayer the highest overclock was 16.1% faster than its stock settings. In BF3 Multiplayer it averaged 74 FPS and was 9.8% faster than the overclock without voltage tweaking, and 15.3% faster than the stock video card. In Batman it was 7.7% faster than the overclock without voltage tweaking and 14.5% faster than the stock video card. In The Witcher 2 it was 8.9% faster than the OC without voltage tweak and 14.3% faster than the stock MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning.

Basically, the performance increase between the overclock with and without voltage tweaking was higher than the performance increase the stock MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning experienced from the overclock without voltage tweaking. In other words, voltage tweaking provided over double the performance increase compared to the overclock without voltage tweaking.

With fans at 100% the GPU temperature on the default BIOS increased to 62c using voltage tweaking.

The LN2 BIOS had an even higher overclock which pushed the GPU extremely close to 1400MHz, and put the memory over 7GHz GDDR5. In MP3 it was 8.1% faster than the Overclocked AMD Radeon HD 7970 and 18.1% faster than its stock settings. In BF3 SP it was 4.3% faster than the Overclocked AMD Radeon HD 7970 and 17.9% faster than the stock MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning. In Batman the overclocked MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning was 16.2% faster than its stock settings, and 19.3% faster than the Overclocked AMD Radeon HD 7970. In The Witcher 2 it was 2.4% faster than the Overclocked AMD Radeon HD 7970 and 14.3% faster than the stock settings. The overclock on the LN2 BIOS increased the performance above the Overclocked AMD Radeon HD 7970 in every game.

With the fans at 100% the GPU temperature on the LN2 BIOS increased to 73c using voltage tweaking and 300% Power Limit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127693

TRENDING THREADS