  • Nokia
Last response: in Brands
Share
October 14, 2004 9:54:38 PM

Hiya,

My 7600 bought from CPW (I know!) keeps turning itself off just at the end
of the start up tune. NOt completely off but the screen kinda flickers and
then it looks as if it is off. Sometimes it does turn completely off.

The battery is fully charged. It hasn't been unlocked or anything. It's
been doing this from day one. I've even tried the "bit of paper on the sim"
trick but nope, nothing.

Not sure which firmware it has as I can't turn the thing on but it was one
of the batch that didn't come with a cable.

Be grateful for any help.

Best wishes,

Easy.

More about : 7600 turning

October 14, 2004 11:39:34 PM

"easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Hiya,
>
> My 7600 bought from CPW (I know!) keeps turning itself off just at the end
> of the start up tune. NOt completely off but the screen kinda flickers
and
> then it looks as if it is off. Sometimes it does turn completely off.
>
> The battery is fully charged. It hasn't been unlocked or anything. It's
> been doing this from day one. I've even tried the "bit of paper on the
sim"
> trick but nope, nothing.
>
> Not sure which firmware it has as I can't turn the thing on but it was one
> of the batch that didn't come with a cable.
>
> Be grateful for any help.
>
> Best wishes,
>

> Easy.

Sounds odd this. Have had a 7600, also from CPW for a few months now, and
nowt like this?

Have you not thought of going back to the shop, or ringing CPW to see what
they say?
neil
October 15, 2004 3:54:07 AM

"rachel" <rachelisadog@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Have you not thought of going back to the shop, or ringing CPW to see what
> they say?
> neil

Yup, and they are about as much help as ever. Said I have to wait for a new
phone. All sorts of excuses - software, battery etc. They just don't know
what they are doing. Always kick myself for going there! Grrr.

I shall see how the new one is (if they can get one) and then go from there.
If it work then great. If it doesn't then I'll have to have a refund.

Cheers for the reply.
Related resources
October 15, 2004 7:16:04 PM

> Yup, and they are about as much help as ever. Said I have to wait for a
new
> phone. All sorts of excuses - software, battery etc. They just don't
know
> what they are doing. Always kick myself for going there! Grrr.
>
> I shall see how the new one is (if they can get one) and then go from
there.
> If it work then great. If it doesn't then I'll have to have a refund.
>
> Cheers for the reply.

Hi again,

if you have not had the phone long, eg, less than 14 days, don't they do a
contract cancel service?
Equally, argue with them that the phone is not fit for purpose, under the
Sales of Goods Act, and demand an immediate exchange, or threaten to contact
Trading Standards and Watchdog....

All depends on how much fight ya got in ya!

Good luck
neil
October 15, 2004 9:27:26 PM

> "easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Sales of Goods Act, and demand an immediate exchange, or threaten to
contact
> Trading Standards and Watchdog....
>
> All depends on how much fight ya got in ya!
>
> Good luck
> neil

I know what you are saying and you are right however CPW "policy" sticks its
oar in.

In order to purchase the 7600 I had to also buy a £15 top-up. They will
refund my money for the phone but not for the top-up (even though it came as
a package). I wouldn't mind if they let me keep the sim card but they want
to have that back with the phone as it was a package. If I give them back
the phone I am down £15. Buggers!

As it stands I am waiting to see if the software update will fix the issue.
If it doesn't then I am not sure what to do.

Never, ever going to CPW again. I mean it this time too!
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 4:20:08 PM

> "rachel" <rachelisadog@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
>> Sales of Goods Act, and demand an immediate exchange, or threaten to
> contact
>> Trading Standards and Watchdog....
>>
>> All depends on how much fight ya got in ya!
>>
>> Good luck
>> neil
>>

> I know what you are saying and you are right however CPW "policy" sticks
> its
> oar in.
>
> In order to purchase the 7600 I had to also buy a £15 top-up. They will
> refund my money for the phone but not for the top-up (even though it came
> as
> a package). I wouldn't mind if they let me keep the sim card but they
> want
> to have that back with the phone as it was a package. If I give them back
> the phone I am down £15. Buggers!
>
> As it stands I am waiting to see if the software update will fix the
> issue.
> If it doesn't then I am not sure what to do.
>
> Never, ever going to CPW again. I mean it this time too!

Have you thought about making 'contact' with 'Nokia' themselves ?

Bigbazza
October 19, 2004 4:15:00 AM

"Bigbazza" <Bigbazza@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Have you thought about making 'contact' with 'Nokia' themselves ?
>
> Bigbazza

I am having the firmware updated today. Hopefully that'll help.
!