Gaming HTPC advise

ibkcknurass

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
I want to build an HTPC gaming system fit for a living room, not some awful looking tower(not one for bells and whistles anyway). I need help picking a case and CPU fan. Also any suggestions for anything else below would be cool too. Total budget I have is about 1400 but I want to keep it below 900 so I can buy some extra raid storage for my movie collection. I have no plans to over clock anything. I don't want to crossfire/sli either cause I play on a TV and micro-studdering is highly visible on a tv. I did read that the 7970 is fast enough to not cause studdering though but I don't want to find out they were wrong about that.

Parts I have picked
MSI Z77MA-G45
i5 3570k
Gigabyte ghz edition 7970 GV-R797TO-3GD
8gb of gskill sniper 1866 F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
Rosewill 750w Hive modular PSU

The case I am looking at currently is the Grandia gd08 but that thing is really big.
Any suggestions would be great. I have not picked the cooler yet.

scott71_70

Honorable
May 9, 2012
With faster, intelligent, multi-core technology that applies processing power where it's needed most, Intel Core i7 processors deliver an incredible breakthrough in PC performance. They are the best desktop processors on the planet. You'll multitask applications faster and unleash incredible digital media creation. And you'll experience maximum performance for everything you do.

Main Specifications

•Processor

•Type / Form Factor: Intel Core i7 3770K

•Number of Cores: Quad-Core

•Number of Threads: 8 threads

•Cache: 8 MB

•Cache Memory Details: L3 - 8 MB

•64-bit Computing: Yes

•Clock Speed: 3.5 GHz

•Max Turbo Speed: 3.9 GHz

•Compatible Processor Socket: LGA1155 Socket

•Manufacturing Process: 22 nm

•Thermal Design Power: 77 W

•Architecture Features: Hyper-Threading Technology, integrated memory controller, Intel Virtualization Technology, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX), Intel AES New Instructions (AES-NI)

•Cache Memory Installed Size: 8 MB

Integrated Graphics

•Type: Intel HD Graphics 4000

•Base Frequency: 850 MHz

•Max Dynamic Frequency: 1150 MHz

•Features:

Intel Clear Video HD Technology , InTRU 3D Technology, Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), Intel Insider, Intel Quick Sync Video 2.0

I would go with this cpu for a few bucks more & have pcie 3.0