Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Graphics Card

Last response: in Components
Share
February 12, 2013 11:45:38 AM

I have a Sapphire hd 7770 GHz Edition and thinking of upgrading it to something else, what cards would you recommend?
Around the £100 or £150 mark, would maybe go a little higher

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 11:51:50 AM

make sure your power supply can support faster graphics cards or you will have to upgrade that too
February 12, 2013 11:54:08 AM

alvine said:
make sure your power supply can support faster graphics cards or you will have to upgrade that too


I have a 550W power supply atm
Related resources
a c 110 U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 11:54:26 AM

what's the rest of the hardware in your case/monitor-resolution/games?

translation into us dollars?
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 11:55:25 AM

Some GTX660 and HD7870 are around £160-170 according to PCPartPicker. The 7870 is slightly faster than the GTX660 though not by much. Any of those 2 cards will be fine to be honest. Just look at some of the features you need/want and get either 1 of them.
February 12, 2013 11:56:48 AM

swifty_morgan said:
what's the rest of the hardware in your case/monitor-resolution/games?

translation into us dollars?


I have a phenom ii x4 965 BE
Some case that cost about 30 or 40 collars
I play at 1920 x 1080 22" monitor
AsRock 970 Extreme4 MOBO
and 2 hard drives
Got a 550W 80 plus certified power supply
February 12, 2013 11:58:05 AM

EzioAs said:
Some GTX660 and HD7870 are around £160-170 according to PCPartPicker. The 7870 is slightly faster than the GTX660 though not by much. Any of those 2 cards will be fine to be honest. Just look at some of the features you need/want and get either 1 of them.


Could it run BF3 , Crysis 3 and DayZ at decent quality and framrates?
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 12:08:49 PM

Of course.
a c 110 U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 12:26:00 PM

actually I found and even found on the net that the 660 is faster. but agree with either of those 2 cards.
February 13, 2013 2:43:48 PM

I would Get a 7970 & a 750 watt or more power supply an you can play all then games whit no problem good luck
!