Soundcard for a logitech Z906?

persason

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hey I have a question regarding a Logitech Z906 set of speakers. I currently use my motherboard's internal sound card, would it help if I bought a new sound card for my desktop PC? I heard that these speakers have their own internal sound card so it wouldn't do any difference if I bought a sound card.

If this isn't true which sound card should I then get? I use my speakers for both music and some gaming.

Also how much will it improve the sound quality would it even be worth it?

Hello... when you post a question about your current internal sound card, please list model/brand, so we can look up current specs on it... There are basic, good and great, on-board sound chips, installed on motherboards.

persason

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

Of course. ASUS P8Z68-V.

I bought it from here
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=635091#extra
According to the website these are the specs.
HD-Audio (8 channels)
Realtek ALC892
High Definition Audio

Hello... Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC is on-board... and also includes an optical output for audio... I consider this a great on-board audio chip, and would work well WITH the logitech Z906.

persason

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

Okay thanks, so getting a sound card won't improve my audio quality all that much? I was considering a Creative Sound Blaster Z.

Hello... I used to buy all their stuff... now days I Don't... I find the RealteK solutions to be great for my needs... The Main difference is, your CPU does the AUDIO processing with the REALtek, The Sound Blaster Card does the AUDIO processing... I love the Software/drivers that Realtek offers with their on-board chips... FOR ME and my audio needs... I would be very happy using the ALC892.