6230 Questions

Last response: in Brands
Share
October 15, 2004 1:01:05 AM

Will the DKU-5 cable work with the 6230 or do I need to order the DKU-2?

Is it possible to reset the security code using either the DKU-2 or 5, and
what software is recommended?

Is the 6230 one of the new phones that the IMEI number cannot be changed, or
can it be changed used using cables & software. BEFORE I get shot down I'm
aware that this is illegal, I'm not asking how to change it but is it
possible ?

Thanks for your help

More about : 6230 questions

October 15, 2004 8:54:19 AM

"Reflex" <x.x@x.com> wrote in message news:<lOBbd.343$hy5.100@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>...
> Will the DKU-5 cable work with the 6230 or do I need to order the DKU-2?
>
> Is it possible to reset the security code using either the DKU-2 or 5, and
> what software is recommended?
>
> Is the 6230 one of the new phones that the IMEI number cannot be changed, or
> can it be changed used using cables & software. BEFORE I get shot down I'm
> aware that this is illegal, I'm not asking how to change it but is it
> possible ?
>
> Thanks for your help

You need the DKU-2 cable
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 6:36:31 PM

"Reflex" <x.x@x.com> wrote in message
> Will the DKU-5 cable work with the 6230 or do I need to order the DKU-2?

You need a DKU-2.

> Is it possible to reset the security code using either the DKU-2 or 5, and
> what software is recommended?

Yes, we use Twister, but JAF, Prodigy or Griffin can do it just as easily.

> Is the 6230 one of the new phones that the IMEI number cannot be changed,
> or can it be changed used using cables & software. BEFORE I get shot down
> I'm aware that this is illegal, I'm not asking how to change it but is it
> possible ?

It is possible, but thankfully it's very difficult to do and involves
buggering around replacing a chip on the main circuit board.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 8:23:18 PM

In news:lOBbd.343$hy5.100@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net,
Reflex <x.x@x.com> put fingers to keyboard and presented us with::
> Will the DKU-5 cable work with the 6230 or do I need to order the
> DKU-2?
>
> Is it possible to reset the security code using either the DKU-2 or
> 5, and what software is recommended?
>
> Is the 6230 one of the new phones that the IMEI number cannot be
> changed, or can it be changed used using cables & software. BEFORE I
> get shot down I'm aware that this is illegal, I'm not asking how to
> change it but is it possible ?
>
> Thanks for your help

Not flaming you, but out of interest, why do you want to know if it is
possible?
--
Neil
** http://www.neilmonk.com

Neil Monk wrote:
> In news:lOBbd.343$hy5.100@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net,
> Reflex <x.x@x.com> put fingers to keyboard and presented us with::
>
>>Will the DKU-5 cable work with the 6230 or do I need to order the
>>DKU-2?
>>
>>Is it possible to reset the security code using either the DKU-2 or
>>5, and what software is recommended?
>>
>>Is the 6230 one of the new phones that the IMEI number cannot be
>>changed, or can it be changed used using cables & software. BEFORE I
>>get shot down I'm aware that this is illegal, I'm not asking how to
>>change it but is it possible ?
>>
>>Thanks for your help
>

> Not flaming you, but out of interest, why do you want to know if it is
> possible?
> --
> Neil
> ** http://www.neilmonk.com
> ** neil.monk02@greenyonder.co.uk (change the colour to blue)

Hi, like Neil im not intending to flame you, but obviously if you look
at it from a different perspective, You ask about resetting a security
code and changing an imei at the same time, all signs pint to one thing,
please dont assume im labeling you, just you have to see it from the
other point of view. am i alone on this opinion??

Lee
!