Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Should the GPU hang from the mobo?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 9, 2012 7:53:07 AM

Hi all,

I recently made my first computer build and when I attached the GPU to the Mobo, I noticed that there are only screws on the PCI slot end of the card. The other side seems to just hang there, and I wasn't entirely sure if that was normal, or perhaps I was missing a pair of screws or something.

Is that just how it is?

Thanks for any help!

More about : gpu hang mobo

Best solution

August 9, 2012 8:05:07 AM

Hello,
Well, you simply plug it into the motherboard and then attach it to the case backside with screws, that's it.

I even found a video :D 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmYavyyBtGk
a c 130 U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 8:05:35 AM

I would think you mean PCIE Not PCI. If you do mean PCI then thats a very old PC :D 

A PCIE card has a J shaped hook like end to it.
You should line the card up in the slot straight and even then applying firm gentle pressure push it into the slot. You should hear a click as the card seats itself into the clip at the back of the slot. Now put the screw in at the connector end and job done.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 8:14:15 AM

Yup it's normal.......
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 11:21:16 AM

MR_AWESOME55 said:
Hi all,

I recently made my first computer build and when I attached the GPU to the Mobo, I noticed that there are only screws on the PCI slot end of the card. The other side seems to just hang there, and I wasn't entirely sure if that was normal, or perhaps I was missing a pair of screws or something.

Is that just how it is?

Thanks for any help!

show me, take a pic..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 22, 2012 3:09:26 PM

It a heavy cooler but yeah, it susposed to look that way
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:24:06 PM

Best answer selected by MR_AWESOME55.
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:26:00 PM

Excellent! Thanks for all of the feedback!
m
l
!