Newegg RMA on CPU?

failuresfail

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello, So I recently bought a FX 8350 from newegg, turned out it was dead when I got it, I tested it in another mobo and it wouldn't work either, so then I decided to RMA the CPU. The problem is that the UPC code of the CPU was on this plastic sticker that held the cap and the body of the metal box together, I ripped the sticker with the UPC off to open the metal box. I spoke with newegg using live chat and they said they can't accept RMA without UPC, and then I asked EggXpert and the people there said I can RMA it without the UPC, so I was a bit relieved. Then I called newegg to confirm and the guy told me to just send it back with the original packaging and don't worry about the UPC, it didn't matter if I don't have UPC for CPUs. Now i'm sure i can just send it back with the ripped UPC code and they can still give me a replacement, now this morning, random thought came to me and I asked the people in live chat on newegg's website again to confirm if i can send it back with the ripped UPC, and their answer was that all items must be shipped back with the original UPC code or else they will deny my RMA, even after I told them that I called and they told me it didn't matter... I am extremely confused... What do you guys think?

failuresfail

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
i had all the bios updated, and the motherboard i bought from newegg was the asrock 970 Extreme3 which it said came with version 1.60 bios that supported the vishera. Also, the UPC is half ripped off means only the first 4 numbers are still on there, and the rest is gone, but the top half of the sticker that was on the cap of the box is still intact, and the SN# is still on there, it's just the UPC bar code which is ripped 1/2 off

failuresfail

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
The problem with AMD is that their warranty guys are in India, who knows when they're going to reply to my request I sent them... And it is going to take forever for me to ship it to them and have them replace it...

failuresfail

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

lol i never said i would send it to india, i just said their warranty guys are there