Artifacting Problem with 7750

darkpulse

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this site. Many friends told me its a good place to get your problems regarding PC solved. I need you guys to help me out with a weird problem i am facing.

About a month ago i purchased a new system with the following configuration:

AMD fx 4100
2x2GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill RipjawsX
Asus M5A97
MSI AMD 7750 1GB GDDR5
1TB Segate HDD
EDIT: PSU - Corsair CX 430W

Till yesterday i had no problems gaming. I finished Mass Effect 2 & 3, Assassins Creed 2, ACB and playing Unreal Tournament 3 for fun. Few days ago, i installed Crysis 2 and started playing. It was going all fine until yesterday suddenly every game i play started artifacting like hell.

The games get stuck up and i was forced to manually restart the system every time. Sometimes even playing videos cause some red blue patches to appear on my screen. here is a screen shot i have managed to take:

http://i50.tinypic.com/nv4dp2.jpg

I have not OC'ed my card. Its running at stock clocks. I have catalyst 12.6 installed. My card never crosses 50 Degs.

I played ME3 and BF3 under Catalyst 12.6 without any such problems. I have been playing UT3 for weeks now without problems. Today, the game displays a sea of some Goo-ish colors.

Some people suggested to revert back to 12.4, so i re installed windows and installed 12.4 to see Crysis 2 Artifact even more badly and neither has solved the problems of game getting stuck up. I even managed to get a BSOD.

Is anyone facing the same problem? If so how did you guys manage to solve it?

Solution
As long as waiting for warranty replacement may take, waiting so long that the warranty period has expired would be worse.

darkpulse

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

Fervently Hope that is not the case but rather with drivers! I hate to wait for the warranty replacement to arrive.

Point to note is that there is no such problem when it is running on desktop. But The moment a game starts, its artifacts galore.

darkpulse

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

Im using Corsair CX 430W Psu

darkpulse

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

Using Catalyst Control Panel.

Also, i did some research and ran Furmark. Oddly, it didnt show any artifacting what so ever. What the heck?? Now is it the hardware or drivers? Im totally confused. :(
dg1bol.jpg

darkpulse

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

Guess you are right :(. I will try for an RMA.