Intel i3 3220 or i5 3330

satyamdubey

Distinguished
depends on your choice of games. If you plan on playing massive multiplayers online, more cores will be better (i5). If you are just planning to play rpg's on single player modes then i3 would suffice.

Games are starting to get better threading and more core utilization yet they are likely going to be able to use three cores maximum. One to handle the game engine, one for better game physics computation and third for the HD audio.

But the moment you go massive multiplayer, a quad core will be much better that the hyperthreading dual core i3. users have confirmed that dual core cpu's tend to stuggle a bit while playing BF3 in multiplayer with 60 players on a map.

It really depends on the games you are playing and the settings you are playing at. There won't be a HUGE difference but overall the I5 will be faster and in games like BF3 multiplayer that actually makes use of more cores you wouldbe better off with the quad core I5

mufarooq

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013

Thanks for the help, friends.
please define how i5+7770 < i3+7850.
It means games much depend on gpu rather than processor?

twelve25

Distinguished

In general and up to a certain point, yes. You don't want to take it too far and use a GTX680 with a Celeron G440 single core, but as long as you have a reasonably fast processor, it makes sense to put more of the money in the graphics cards for gaming.

twelve25

Distinguished
If you haven't bought a CPU yet, I'd strongly recommend you look into a Phenom x4 over the i3 or locked i5. You need to overclock it to make it worth the value, but it's cheaper than the i3 (including the heatsink that you'll need to overclock) and will slightly outperform it in most applications, and severely outperform in certain multi-threaded applications.

I don't think the Phenoms are a bad choice, but anymore I don't think they make a ton of sense against the newer Piledriver FX 4300 and 6300 that are close to the same price.