Adding Program to Context Menu

I'm trying to add an executable program to the context menu.
--------------------------------
First I created a key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\ClipDiary

Then set the default value is the path to the executable program:

C:\Program Files\ClipDiary\ClipDiary.exe
--------------------------------

This puts the option in the context menu, but nothing happens when it is
clicked.
Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about adding program context menu

    Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
    http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:V6oUe.969$au2.534@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com,
    Primal Oooze <primeooze@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I'm trying to add an executable program to the context menu.
    > --------------------------------
    > First I created a key:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\ClipDiary
    >
    > Then set the default value is the path to the executable program:
    >
    > C:\Program Files\ClipDiary\ClipDiary.exe
    >
    > This puts the option in the context menu, but nothing happens when it is
    > clicked.
    > Any suggestions?

    > Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
    >
    > Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
    > http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

    Thanks - I'll give them a try

Configuration Internet Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP