TwosocksOOH

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
When i am playing some game most noteably World of tanks for a few hours ill get good fps but then suddenly i drop to about 10 fps for no apparent reason as my system should be able to handle the game and my internet connection is fine then this problem is only solved by restarting my computer; Here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 960t Unlocked to 6 Cores
Xigmatech Loki cpu cooler
Gigabyte MA770t-UD3 (AM3+ Revision)
Asus direct cu II Gtx560ti 1gb video memory
2x2GB Corsair DDR3
Western digital caviar 200gb IDE (Windows 7 is on this)
Western digital caviar blue 160Gb Sata
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
CiT 750w Gold (My friend also has this and a similar setup but with a HD5870 and He doesn't get this problem)
Antec 300 Midi

Non of the temps are out of the ordinary but the only thing that i can think of is that the WDC 200GB is failing on me, Your thoughts?
Let me know if you need to know anything

(Extremley sorry if this is in the wrong forum and if so please move it to the right section, First time here :)

joedjnpc

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
If you have fraps or a similar recording program open you could be hitting the key to record and putting pressure on your CPU.

Similarly look in task manager to see if anything is hogging resources.

joedjnpc

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Having a faulty HDD shouldn't effect your fps, it will most likely cause system crashes and BSOD.

I wouldn't think it's your PSU either, again you'd likely see your system shut down.

Monitor your CPU and GPU activity using CPU-z and GPU-z to see if anything out of the ordinary is happening, it could be a driver related issue.

TwosocksOOH

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I will do that when i next play, Last time i closed origin then started lagging severely even though World of tanks is not related to Origin in any way

TRENDING THREADS