/ Sign-up
Your question

HD 7850 with reference PCB?

  • Radeon
  • HD
  • Sapphire
  • Gigabyte
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 9, 2012 3:08:32 PM

Does anyone know which companies (e.g. Sapphire, XFX, Gigabyte) sell a HD 7850 with the reference PCB or where I can buy a reference design card in the UK? I want to use a full block for water cooling but the only full block I can find is for the reference design.

More about : 7850 reference pcb

August 9, 2012 3:28:20 PM

I would imagine most GPU manufacture's are selling reference PCB's, they might have custom coolers but the PCB should be original AMD design.

Check the product description.
August 9, 2012 3:33:57 PM

It looks like all 3 (Sapphire, XFX, and Gigabyte) have HD7850s that use the reference PCB. Some models, however, use custom fans that might indicate the lack of the the reference PCB.

Look for a HD7850 that uses the "vanlla" heatsink/fan and you'll be looking at a reference PCB. Then remove that assembly and attach the water block.

Have fun!
Related resources
August 9, 2012 6:20:21 PM

Thanks everyone, now the problem is which one to buy?