1999 HP 4445 unknown form factor

G

My grandparents have this old HP pavillion desktop in their loft area. They bought it back in 1999 when it was worth around 1100$. Now it's worth virtually nothing. So they're giving it to me to mess with.

I'm trying to figure out what the form factor of the case is. If it's the right type I may be able to do a swap with a dell mini tower and swap the motherboards, potentially doubling its performance. Problem is I don't know what the form factor of the case is. I tried HP's website but they were no help. I've googled the crap out of google on this and still no help. Any info on the form factor of this case would be much appreciated, cause the motherboard inside the case doesn't give me a lot to work with.

popatim

Titan
get the hp model number off the sticker on the back.
Typically Hp used a modified mAtX formfactor motherbd. Typically 1 screw hole will be missing, the bottom forward one, and the front panel connector is often a different pinout and uses a proprietary single connector (not that you cant remove the pins and wire it to a standard matx motherbd)

TRENDING THREADS