Is there a way to remove Branding/customise start menu ite..

Hi

My cousin has installed a Dell branded version of XP pro on her PC.

The start menu has a Dell specific item (Dell Soloution Centre) below "Run"
which she would like to remove. This area of the menu cannot usually be
altered without tweaking the registry.

Does anyone know how this area of the Start Menu can be accessed so that it
can be customised or have items removed/added?

Thanks for any info.

Ian

Ian R,
Right-Click Start button> Properties> Start Menu tab> Customize button> From the list Uncheck Manufacturer's Link> OK> Apply.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"RRR_News" <RRR_News@isp.com> wrote in message
Ian R,
Right-Click Start button> Properties> Start Menu tab> Customize button> From
the list Uncheck Manufacturer's Link> OK> Apply.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Ian R" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
Hi

My cousin has installed a Dell branded version of XP pro on her PC.

The start menu has a Dell specific item (Dell Soloution Centre) below "Run"
which she would like to remove. This area of the menu cannot usually be
altered without tweaking the registry.

Does anyone know how this area of the Start Menu can be accessed so that it
can be customised or have items removed/added?

Thanks for any info.

Ian

Great - Thanks a lot for the info.

Mucho appreciated.

I^)

Answered in help_and_support group.

How to add or modify the OEM link on the Windows XP style start menu:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555437

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Answered in help_and_support group.
>
> How to add or modify the OEM link on the Windows XP style start menu:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555437
>

> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Ian R" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > My cousin has installed a Dell branded version of XP pro on her PC.
> >
> > The start menu has a Dell specific item (Dell Soloution Centre) below
> > "Run"
> > which she would like to remove. This area of the menu cannot usually be
> > altered without tweaking the registry.
> >
> > Does anyone know how this area of the Start Menu can be accessed so that
> > it
> > can be customised or have items removed/added?
> >
> > Thanks for any info.
> >
> > Ian

Hi Ramesh

I replied in the help_and_support group.

Thanks again!

I^)