1 8ghz intel celeron 1000m processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackool2005

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Hello,

I am trying to purchase a faster processor my desktop is Pentium 4 1600Mhz, 1.69GHz 1MB Ram. Now i plan to keep using the 32bit os so i purchased the Toshiba Satellite which has the latest dual core 1.8GHz intel celeron 1000m processor.

My question is how much faster is it compared to my desktop??

Solution
x2... stay far away from any E-series processors. LoL

The celeron is an ivy dual core and just might be what you're looking for but I typically recommend at least 2Ghz speed for smoother day to day use. Get something with 64bit windows. Ram doesn't matter as its always much cheaper to upgrade it yourself. If you don't get a 64bit windows you won't be able to have more than 4gb ram because 32bits cannot reference more. Windows will show about 3.5gb of ram because of what gets used by the system devices like the graphics card.

jackool2005

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
I would be running 32bit applications for my new laptop but do not know which are the best processors for Digital Audio Music Production.

I need both speed and ram constant use of 1.5 Ram as a full unit here are the current models i'm checking from Toshiba.

(1) Toshiba Satellite C850D-ST3NX1 - AMD Dual-Core E1-1200 Accelerated Processor.

(2 Toshiba Satellite C850-BT3N11 - Intel® Celeron® Processor 1000M

popatim

Titan
x2... stay far away from any E-series processors. LoL

The celeron is an ivy dual core and just might be what you're looking for but I typically recommend at least 2Ghz speed for smoother day to day use. Get something with 64bit windows. Ram doesn't matter as its always much cheaper to upgrade it yourself. If you don't get a 64bit windows you won't be able to have more than 4gb ram because 32bits cannot reference more. Windows will show about 3.5gb of ram because of what gets used by the system devices like the graphics card.

Solution

jackool2005

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
The Toshiba Satellite C850-BT3N11 - Intel® Celeron® Processor 1000M Laptop comes with 4GB Ram. All i really want is to make sure my laptop processor is faster than my desktop which is a Pentium 4 and kinda on the slow side.

I hope the laptop processor is at least 1 1/2 times faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.