BF2 demo problem

Andrew

When I run the demo, the screen goes blank for a few seconds then
returns to the desktop. I have a 6600GT card and installed the NVidia
driver than came with the demo, so I am left with no clue to resolving
this. Does anyone know of an official forum I can visit to check, I
couldn't find one via the EA pages.

Andrew

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:23:56 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>When I run the demo, the screen goes blank for a few seconds then
>returns to the desktop. I have a 6600GT card and installed the NVidia
>driver than came with the demo, so I am left with no clue to resolving
>this. Does anyone know of an official forum I can visit to check, I
>couldn't find one via the EA pages.

In case anyone else get the same problem, I found the solution here:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1669798

bug

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:23:56 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>When I run the demo, the screen goes blank for a few seconds then
>returns to the desktop. I have a 6600GT card and installed the NVidia
>driver than came with the demo, so I am left with no clue to resolving
>this. Does anyone know of an official forum I can visit to check, I
>couldn't find one via the EA pages.

FWIW, I'm running OK with a 6600GT/AGP on a relatively ancient Athlon
2100+ system. It's not listed as a supported card in the readme.txt (the
6600GT/PCIe is, though) but it seems to work OK with the demo's driver.