Page cannot be displayed

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Hi friends,

I get a "Page cannot be displayed message". The following is the
configuration that I have.

Configuration: Broadband - Win XP SP2 Standalone computer connected to
modem

1. tried ip release and renew. Got error message. Unable to contact
DHCP server
2. Restarted the dhcp services
3. Power cycling of modem
4. Clean boot
5. Safe mode with networking
6. Deleted Winsock key, Reinstalled TCP/IP
7. Uninstalled firewall (NIS)
8. Created new connection
9. Reinstalled network adapter
10. Tried ipconfig /flushdns
11. Uninstalled SP2
12. Disabled APIPA in registry
13. Got valid IP address 69.158.131.153
14. Tried connecting to Inet. Still page cannot be displayed
15. Tried netsh command
16. Tried registering dll files
17. Tried renaming hosts file

Would be really very helpful if somebody could help me with this. I
would prefer doing something apart from a format and reinstall.

Thanks a lot for your time and attention
Regards
Gautam

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

How about some details about your "modem"?
Is your modem connected by cat5 cable to a network card in your computer?
If so from my experience the modem does the connection to the ISP & your
computer just connects to the card.
Delete ALL connections.
Go to "create new connection".
Go through it & select ADSL or high speed connection & enter your details.
Probably wrong for your setup but unless you tell someone your equipment
details they can't help you.